Hiring Wedding Decor? Include Bond & Hire Delivery Costs
There are many wedding hire companies which don't list their items' prices which can be frustrating.
But don't make the mistake of thinking that all you're paying is the hire cost!
Wedding hire companies charge a refundable bond - which can range from $100 to $300 per item - depending on the item, which gets refunded on the safe return of their product/s.
Surprisingly, delivery can be cost as much or even more than the original item.
You'll pay less for delivery if there is no installation involved ie it is merely handing the items over to the customer at the venue, if it is close to Brighton and if does not need to be collected (known in the industry as "bumped-out") at midnight - or even past 5pm as that attracts staff double-time rates.
Here's some real-life My Wedding Decor customer orders:
- Hire 23 x rose gold mercury glass centrepieces x $19 = $437
- Delivery and pickup to Warrandyte = $200
- $100 refundable bond = $100
- Total = $737
- Hire 1 x 2.4m wide arch with white draping and greenery and 30 x wooden folding chairs - $540
- Delivery, installation, return and packdown to Mickleham - $800
- Refundable bonds - $200
- Total = $1,540
- Hire 100m x warm white fairy lights = $179
- Delivery, installation, packdown and midnight bump-out from Albert Park = $500
- Refundable bond = $100
- Total = $779
- Hire 2.3m diameter silk foliage chandelier - $1,350
- Delivery, installation, and midnight bump-out from South Yarra - $500
- Total = $1,850